October 17, 2018

I have been bleeding for 11 days before my period

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been bleeding for 11 days before my period

Patient: I have been bleeding for 11 days before my period. I have sore breasts, I’ve gained weight.

Doctor: Hi.Welcome to ATD.Pregnancy seems highly unlikely in your case after a prolonged menstrual bleeding. Having a per iod regularly and yet being pregnant is really very unlikely. Implantation bleeding is seen in some women who are pregnant at the time of the expected period but is characteristically lighter, reddish brown or light pink in color and is easily recognized as different than a period.However whenever in doubt it easier to take a home pregnancy test than stressing about the possibility of a pregnancy.Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in your urine. You should wait at least one day after your missed period before taking a home pregnancy test, although waiting a week is considered best.Most home urine tests are similar in principle however there are certain differences in how you must do the test such as the method of collecting the urine, the length of time you need to urinate on the stick for and the symbols used to indicate whether you’re pregnant or not. It is important to follow manufacturers’ instructions as specifics may vary for each pregnancy test kit.I hope this helps you.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No

×
Show

×
Show

Sponsored Ad