I have been bleeding for about 2 years on and

Patient: I have been bleeding for about 2 years on and off. I will have my period for about 3 months, be off it for two weeks, then back on. I was on the depo for 2 years, and switched to the impala on hoping it would stop my periods and it hasn’t. What could I do to stop it? I heard about hormone therapy, but don’t quite know what it is, or how it would work.

Symptoms: I’ve started depo when I was 14, had a constant period. Switched to explanon (on doctor recommendation). I am now almost 18, not bleeding as much as I used to, but still have a light period everyday for 3 months at a time

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.There could be some hormonal factors that can cause an irregular cycle. Since you have a history of being on hormonal contraception from a long time, it will be a contributing factor at times.However, we must also rule out causes like polycystic ovaries, thyroid dysfunction, anemia, nutritional deficiencies, obesity, stress, and hormonal imbalance to arrive at a diagnosis.Consult a gynecologist for an examination and investigations like blood and urine tests as well as an ultrasound.In case of a hormonal imbalance, hormonal supplements can be beneficial.Hope this helped.Regards