Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been diagnosed with a blood disorder for clotting

I have been diagnosed with a blood disorder for clotting

Patient: I have been diagnosed with a blood disorder for clotting. i have had a clot in my left kidney. I work out regularly and like yo take a per work out drink. What is s safe pre work out drink to consume

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.A pre-workout drink depends on what the aim of the workout is. Here are possible outcome s or aims for workouts:Weight loss – Taking a Coffee based drink to boost metabolismBodybuilding – High protein drink with some Amino acid chains for quick repairCardio Workout – Glucose drink with electrolytes and some coffee for a boost in workoutThere are many types of drinks available in each type and experimenting will help you to get the optimum result.Hope this helps you. All the best with bodybuilding.