I have been diagnosed with nephrogenic diabetes insipidus si

Q: I have been diagnosed with nephrogenic diabetes insipidus since I was 2 weeks old. I am now 18 years old, 6 feet tall, and 125lbs. I regularly 6L+ of water every day and my urine is always clear. I'be also heard that the kidneys are the only organs without regenerative abilities, and their "fine mesh filtering system" is prone to wear down over time. My question is: can my excessive water intake be harming my kidneys?
My thought process is like: if a car's engine is only rated for 5000 miles, and you drive your car way more than mine, your car will deteriorate much faster than mine? Is that theory applicable to my kidneys?