I have been diagnosed with plantor Faciastis several years a

Patient : I have been diagnosed with plantor Faciastis several years ago band was told it will come and go. Well I felt with it for a few months and it disappeared. A few months ago I decided I wanted to start walking to loose weight and it apparently came back. Both my heels have excruciating pain and it shoots up the back of my heels. More on my left foot. What can I do? I have not been able to walk and I do need to loose weight. I want to walk with my son. Help
Symptoms:  Foot pain