I have been drinking between half to a full bottle

Q: I have been drinking between half to a full bottle of vodka or rum everyday for around 6 years, I've decided to try to be more healthy in my life style and decided to stop drinking, I went from the 80 proof liquor, to a bottle of wine the next day, then to a half a bottle of wine the day after that. the front of my sides and the back of my sides have been really sore since switching down to the wine, I was planning on having a couple beers tonight then completely stoping after that, what pain am I experiencing? I know why my body is sweating so much at night, but I can barely sleep and when I do I am having extremely vivid dreams. I recently started working out and am eating healthier and have cut my smoking back from a pack a day to a pack every 3 days. I'm not sure why I feel like this.

Symptoms:  Front and lower back pain, aches, sweating, very vivid dreams, frequent urination, trouble sleeping.

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

It is possible that stopping the beer has caused your body to become aware of the pains in the body. Do not worry about this but it would be good to see a Doctor and talk about the problem.

See a Doctor and get help. Wishing you a speedy recovery. All the best.