Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been experiencing itching in my vaginal area also

I have been experiencing itching in my vaginal area also

Patient: I have been experiencing itching in my vaginal area also it’s red inside and my discharge is light brown and also was bleeding for about 4 days when I had my period 2 weeks before. Any ideas or thoughts on what is going on?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that you have some sort of bleeding from the vagina or the uterus. Do get a pelv ic exam done and get a hormone assay done to figure out the cause. This should reach a diagnosis. I cannot help you as the history is limited and an examination is needed.Hope this helps you.