I have been experiencing pain in my hip flexor for

Patient : I have been experiencing pain in my hip flexor for quite a while that comes and goes. It radiates to my groin and what seems to be my lower abdomen. I went to my PCP, he did an X-ray and it was negative and he diagnosed it as a hip flexor strain and send me to PT. I'm just curious if it could be something more serious than just a strain. It seems to be getting worse
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us, I think that you should get a second opinion. Talk to another Doctor to confirm the diag nosis. It is difficult to talk about a diagnosis without you seeing a Doctor and getting examined. All the best and I hope you have a quick recovery.