Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been experiencing pain in my left knee that

I have been experiencing pain in my left knee that

Patient: I have been experiencing pain in my left knee that just started however I used to get the pain every other month probably five years ago. when I would experience this discomfort I would put one of those pull up wraps. walk around and the knee is new again. now I’m 46. on my feet all day and overweight. now my knee is to the point I can’t put weight on it. I need to go to work tomorrow. didn’t know what I could do to make knee better. I bought a wrap seemed to make it worse. any suggestions?

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You may b e having early osteoarthritis of your knee as it is common in your age. It can be confirmed by x-ray of knee joint. MRI is helpful in investigate it in detail. You can take analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Glucosamine is helpful.Rest and Hot fomentation is helpful. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care