Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been feeling sick since Monday February 16th

I have been feeling sick since Monday February 16th

Patient: I have been feeling sick since Monday February 16th I had a mild fever but quickly disappeared ever since I have felt fatigued an weak with occasional light headedness feeling hot and cold on and off with a minimal appetite. I have not had to vomit nor have I felt nauseous. Only one day this week that I had diaherria. Can you give me some insite as to what it could be?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.You seem to be suffering from mild a cute gastroenteritis, leading to reduced appetite and the generalised unwell feeling. You also had one episode of diarrhea. You have no symptoms suggestive of any respiratory tract involvement.As you also have light-headedness, you need to visit your Physician, who can examine your Blood Pressure and also check for anemia. Considering both of them are normal, an antibiotic course will be helpful in treating the infection. A good choice antibiotic would be Tab. Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice daily for 3-5 days depending on the severity.Hope this was helpful.Regards.