Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been feeling uneasy, feel dizzy, nauseous , have

I have been feeling uneasy, feel dizzy, nauseous , have

Patient: I have been feeling uneasy, feel dizzy, nauseous , have dull headaches , feel faint and experience cold flushes at night , however these symptoms occur more after iv eaten causes blotting haven’t been able to eat properly what is it ?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.You have been having symptom s of dizziness, nausea, a dull headache, and cold flushes at the night time. The symptoms are more after you have eaten. You are also experiencing bloating following a meal. If the bloating and the nausea, dizziness and headache started recently, it could be due to a viral infection or a viral gastroenteritis. Kindly mention in the follow-up about your stool consistency and if there is any change in the frequency. The feeling of dizziness, uneasiness, cold flushes could also be manifestations of the infection, however, it will be better if you can get a detailed evaluation done. I will recommend you get CBC with ESR, CRP, LFT, RFT, FBS/PPBS, Urine Routine, and Serum Electrolytes and also Thyroid Profile.These tests will give further clue towards the diagnosis.Meanwhile, I advise you consult your physician and prophylactically take an antibiotic for 3 days. Most such infections start as viral but ends up with a superimposed bacterial infection. A good choice antibiotic would be Ciprofloxacin with a recommended dosage of 500 mg twice daily for 3 days. You can also take Cap. Omeprazole 20 mg once twice daily for a week. This will reduce the bloating which could be inducing your headache and other symptoms. I will appreciate if you get the tests done and follow-up with me regarding the same.Please feel free to discuss further,Regards