I have been getting heart palpitations for nearly a year

Q: I have been getting heart palpitations for nearly a year and by tracking them I have noticed that they are usually a lot worse around the first few days of my period. I have had a 24 hour trace but this wasn't during my period and I don't think I had any palpitations during this. Online searches show that there is a link between menstruation and palpitations but does this mean that these palpitations are safe? Is there any medication that could help with these palpitations?

I have also noticed that caffiene and alcohol can cause me to have palpitations and I avoid both when I can but I was wondering if it is safe to drink alcohol on special occasions even if this causes palpitations or should I avoid it all together?

Symptoms:  Heart palpitations, chest tightness