Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been getting nauseous/sick after most meals

I have been getting nauseous/sick after most meals

Patient: I have been getting nauseous/sick after most meals or snacks and it last for about and hour or so, I have also been feeling extremely tired all the time and t night time I wake up with the cold sweats. What is wrong?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI am pleased to assist you.From your history, it seems like you have been suffering from a stomach infection, and hence you’re feeling nauseous after eating. You also have extreme tiredness, which is a sign of the infection.I will advise you to consult your physician who can recommend an antibiotic for you like Ofloxacin which has to be taken twice daily at a recommended dosage of 500 mg. You can also take Cap. Omeprazole 20 mg twice daily, this will help in reducing the acid levels and facilitate digestion.Hope this was helpful,Regards.