I have been getting nose bleeds since I was 14

Q: I have been getting nose bleeds since I was 14 I am 21 now and they are getting worse. My nose can bleed for 30min and up to 6 times a day. I know its normal to get blood clots but my clots are about the size of two golf balls and immediately as they fall out I get light headed and my head aches and my stomach I end up spitting a lot of blood up and I do not put my head back by any means. I am not sure what to do I only bleed from my right nostril and it comes from the front of my nose not way back and its on the left side of the right nostril. Also not sure if these things could be tied in but in the last year ive been snoring really bad which i have never done, i am anemic and take two iron pills a day please help! Thank you! :) p.s I use vasiline on the inside of my nose to help!

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

You definitely need further evaluation for these repeated nosebleeds. In some people, the nasal capillaries can be slightly fragile and they experience some nasal bleeding. When it starts happening frequently it needs to be evaluated.
There are lots of causes of repeated nasal bleeding which can be found out after a local examination of the nose. Some of them are non-allergic rhinitis, chronic sinusitis, severe deviated nasal septum ( can be associated with snoring ), nasal polyps, e.t.c

Kindly get the evaluation and the treatment can be based on the diagnosis.

Hope this was helpful,