I have been getting pains in my chest on my

Patient

Q: I have been getting pains in my chest on my left side for over two years now. I recently seen a cardiologist and they said it was nothing serious and was just my heart struggling to keep up with how quick I'm growing and the sports I'm doing. I'm 16 and am extremely sporty by the way. The pains have persisted and for the last 4 days I have been getting pins and needles and on and off pain in my left arm. I have a sore back on the top left side so I'm not sure if they are related. What do you reckon is wrong with me? Could it be anxiety?

Symptoms:  Sore chest +arm
Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. I understand your concern.

Such chest pains during stress occurs because of Anxiety only and we label then Non-specific Cardiac chest pains.
But we should always keep in consideration Cardiac Chest pain and Acid reflux.
It is important to differentiate between the all. However, the Cardiac chest pain is severe and crushing in nature. It increases on activity like walking, exercising. It also radiated to left arm.
In such scenario, you should get an ECG and Chest X-ray done, if they are normal, i would advise you to go for Treadmill test and ECHO. If they are also normal, then the pain is not due to Cardiac issues.
For acid reflux, I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day.
For anxiety, you would be treated with anti-anxiety drugs like Etizolam.
If any abnormality is found, in Treadmill Test and ECHO, then an angiography should be performed.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy