Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been getting severe headaches and migraines

I have been getting severe headaches and migraines

Patient: I have been getting severe headaches and migraines for quite sometime now. These head aches get worse each day. I get them almost everyday. i don’t know what this could be or what to do.

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.You seem to be having Migraine Headache.Migraine headaches are usually unilateral, associated with throbbing, vomiting sensations, photophobia and phonophobia.A clinical examination specially Neurological Examination, fundus examination are a must to rule out any other Neurological problem which might also require Neuroimaging.You should see your doctor.He will classify the headache and if it is Migrainous, treatment would be with the drugs like Flunarizine, Propanolol, Amitriptyline.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.