I have been given birth control pills for my irregular

Patient

Q: I have been given birth control pills for my irregular periods. It is lo loestrin fe.
My periods are very irregular , often I don't get them 6 months- a year . iI haven't taken the pill yet.
Will taking the birth control regulate my periods so that I won't need to take birth control anymore , if so , how long do I need to be on birthcontrol ? I my last period was about 7-8 months ago

I'm trying to have a regular period every month and then trying to conceive.

In all. Will taking the birth control regulate my missed periods, to where I can wean off the medication and have my own periods and ovulate to conceive?

Symptoms:  Missed/irregular periods
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

There are several possibilities with taking birth control. There are still small chances of pregnancy. The chance is less than 0.1 percent. What you can do is to get a preg test done. If positive, please see a Doctor. All the best.

Hope this helps you.