Patient :I have been having a problem.I have not had a regular bowel movement in month. Nearly everyday I don't feel hungry, but If I eat or dont eat I have very stinky form of diahrea. Sometimes I barely make it to the bathroom. This is beginning to bother me.
Read and understood your history of not having regular bowel movements for one month, stinky form of diarrhea, and now bothering.
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
- First of all send the stool for tests on three consecutive days.
- Get started on proper antibiotics and Metronidazole along with probiotic, multivitamins and symptomatic treatment.
- See the results in 5 days.
- If no results- go for further investigations like colonoscopy, ultrasonography / CT scan of the abdomen.
- Further treatment if needed, to be taken under the guidance of a Gastroenterologist.
Hope this helps you.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.