I have been having debilitating tension headaches and was pr

Q: I have been having debilitating tension headaches and was prescribed Tizenadine when I went to the ER today after telling the doctor that I was a breastfeeding mother. She told me it was safe however my pharmacist told me different. I'm wondering whether or not it is safe to take while nursing?

A:   Tizenadine is not a safe drug to be taken while you are breast feeding as its effects on the baby are not known and no human studies regarding its safety in breast feeding mothers have been conducted.
Unless you absolutely need the medicine and no safer alternatives are available, i would advise that you do not take tinezadine. Speak to your doctor again about your concerns and discuss if other alternative medicines can beprescribed to you.