I have been having hives for a while now It's

Patient : I have been having hives for a while now. It's getting to the point where it's really unbearable. I itch like crazy. Sometimes it's on and off and sometimes it's gone one day and come back the next. I try and try not to scratch. I tried using Aloe Vera,prescribed medication, and tried watching what I eat and what I put on my skin.
Symptoms:  Raised itchy skin
Doctor :   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor. I have read your query. I understand your concern. As per details, the most li kely possibility for your symptoms is a condition of skin called Urticaria. Urticaria can be acute, chronic and acute on chronic. When duration of the disease is more than 6weeks, it is known as Chronic Urticaria. It is characterised by red colored itchy transient eruptions over body. It can be caused by allergy to recent infection, any food, seasonal change, drugs, pollen grains etc. I will advise you to get your thyroid profile done. In such cases, I prefer to advise combination of levocetrizine and montelukast to my patients. Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription. You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps. Stay healthy.