Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been having irritation down on my vagina.

I have been having irritation down on my vagina.

Patient: I have been having irritation down on my vagina. I took a baking soda bath earlier to relieve it. I have had a uti before but it feels different. I do not have any stds.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Irritation in the vagina can be seen due to causes like a vag inal infection, hormonal imbalance, allergy to tampons etc.Better not to use baking soda etc as these are not proven treatment options.Please do consult your doctor and get examined.By clinical examination and investigations like vaginal swab culture and sensitivity, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Hope this helps.Take care