Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been having light bleeding that’s dark red for

I have been having light bleeding that’s dark red for

Patient: I have been having light bleeding that’s dark red for 10 days now I am concern is this something I should be worried about?

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Intermenstrual spotting can be seen due to causes like gona dal hormonal imbalance, side effects of the hormonal contraceptive methods, pelvic inflammatory disease presenting with cervical erosion, polyps, post coital bleeding, in case of pregnancy implantation bleeding etc.If the spotting persists or repeats better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.By examination causes like post coital tear, cervical erosion can be ruled out.If your doctor recommends please go for ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile etc.Ultrasound will help in ruling out the possibility of pregnancy and also any endometrial abnormality.Gonadal hormonal profile helps in finding out hormonal imbalance.Then with your doctor’s advice you can take treatment according to the cause of your problem.Take care