I have been having lower back pain for a couple.

Patient

Q: I have been having lower back pain for a couple of weeks now. Im under the age of 15 and am very physically active. Im on my highschools swim team and it is very involved. We lift before school 3 days a week and it requires a lot of different muscles. I believe the machine that caused my back pain is called a "power runner." You basically push a large amount of weight with your legs but its spine crushing if you can push a lot of weight. Its been hurting for the past 4-5 weeks. Any ideas of what the problem is? Should i wear a brace? Could i have possibly fractured something? Is it considered an emergency that i would need to call my doctor right in the morning? I cant really afford to be injured.

Doctor

Thank you for posting your query on ATD.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Most probably it is disc prolapse looking to your age and mode of injury. It can be confirmed by MRI of lumbar spine . Treatment of it is rest in bed in lateral position with both hips and knees flexed. Analgesic such as ibuprofen are helpful in pain relief. Multivitamins helps in recovery. Brace may be of some use. It is unlikely to be fracture. It is not an emergency.
Hope your query get answered.
Wishing you a good health.
Take care.