Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been having pain radiating from my left side

I have been having pain radiating from my left side

Patient: I have been having pain radiating from my left side. This is from the neck area down through my left hand and down my left leg backdide

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to have developed Acute nerve Compression of Cervical Disc. The pain of ce rvical disc compression radiates to arm with associated tingling and numbness. This can cause numbness in any finger/finger according to the nerve compressed. I would advise in such situation a pain killer like Ibuprofen/Etoricoxib. You should do hot fomentation of the affected area. Apply Diclofenac / Volini ointment locally. You should get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage. Your pain would start getting better in 5 days. In case, there is no relief, you would require to get a MRI Cervical Spine done. If any disc prolapse is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy