Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been having reoccurring instances of erectile disfunc

I have been having reoccurring instances of erectile disfunc

Patient: I have been having reoccurring instances of erectile disfunction and it is impeding my sex life, any idea if theres something wrong with me? This has happened a total of four times now. Three out of the four I had been intoxicated and the final one that happened today I had been very tired ( However a few hours earlier I was able to get an erection and sustain it for a good while making out. Any thoughts?

Symptoms: Penis able to get erection but not sustain it for more that a few seconds or unable to get erection.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.There are several causes of erectile dysfunction. In some cases, it can be due to some n erve related problems or a blood vessel disease. Also, you may be having a psychological disorder that is preventing you from having an erection. See a Doctor to confirm the diagnosis.Hope this helps you.