Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been having several bowl movements in tha am

I have been having several bowl movements in tha am

Patient: I have been having several bowl movements in than it stops after a couple of hours no cramps just an up set stomach from time to time

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query, albeit short.Please give me additional information:- Since when has this problem star ted?- Does this happen only in the morning?- Any relation to food or any beverages- What is the color, consistency, smell / any blood or mucus ?- Do you suffer from any medical problem like diabetes or hypothyroidism?- Any other information you would like to share?Answers to these queries have an inbuilt answers and will help me to assist you the best.I would advise you the following:Get the stools checked for 3 consecutive day.Tests of blood: CBC, liver, thyroid function and Sugar and kidney functions.Ultrasonography of the abdomen to start with and CT scan of the abdomen to confirm if any findings are there.Colonoscopy.Please give the feedback so that we can discuss further to get a probable diagnosis and plan a treatment