Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been having sharp pain under my left shoulder

I have been having sharp pain under my left shoulder

Patient: I have been having sharp pain under my left shoulder blade. I have also have had some pain in my right forearm.

Symptoms: Pain in my back and right foreArm

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here for your help.This pain seems to be of Muscular in nature. For acute m uscular pain i advise following:1. Diclofenac and Thiocholchiside combination which are act as pain killer and muscle relaxant.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply gel containing Menthol, Diclofenac locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.Your pain should start getting better in 5 days. In case, it doesn’t you should get a Chest Xray and Xray Cervical Spine to rule out any evidence of Ribs fracture, Pleural Effusion and Disc prolapse.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.