Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been having strange symptomsi have missed my periods

I have been having strange symptomsi have missed my periods

Patient: I have been having strange symptoms.i have missed my periods for 2 month, 3 months this monthend..and they is no sign of them am just having abdominal pains massive period pains that just cause me to urinate a lot,i have frequent headaches,had diarrhea for 2 weeks nd being nauseas went for a pregnancy test and am not pregnant, i have a pain under my chest,now since the diarrhea stopped had feaces with blood and painful time taking it out.and easily irritated.i wanted to know what meant be wrong with me and should i worry? ?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,If you have missed you periods since last 3 months and your pregnancy test is negative then the symptoms of bloating , increased frequency of urination and even constipation which is painful indicates a premenstrual syndromic features which occur especially in case of progesterone imbalances. This is common though in the adolescents years when the hormones are maturing. the best way to deal with it is symptomatically. For constipation eat more of legumes and roughage like salads and less protein and drink around 5-6 litres of water in a day, this shall prevent any constipation. Bloating is common in cases of PMS symptoms and that gets relieved once the menses start. It is however suggested that you undertake an ultrasound pelvis and a hormonal profile to rule out any hormonal deficiency and PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome. You may discuss the options with your physician in detail and take an informed decision,I hope I have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards