I have been having these weird painful cramps in my

Patient : I have been having these weird painful cramps in my lower waist for the past 5 days. It will either hurt on one side of my waist,or even to my side but mostly is all across my waist and even across my lower back. Also they're both swollen. I feel queasy at times and it's hard on me to stand for a period of time without either getting hot flashes and in pain. I took a test i believe monday night and it should it was negative but these pains are still occuring. Is it possible that i may be? Is it too early to tell? Or am I just overreacting?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Pain around the waist and lower abdomen can be seen in gyne cological conditions like during ovulation, in premenstrual phase, in pelvic inflammatory disease etc. Other gastrointestinal causes like intestinal infections, renal causes like renal stones, urinary tract infections etc can also lead to lower abdominal pain. Usually urine pregnancy test kit can give accurate result after missed period. If the pain is severe, better to consult your doctor, get examined and undergo ultrasound. With this workup the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated. Take care.