Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been ill for over two months losing weight!

I have been ill for over two months losing weight!

Patient: What could these symptoms mean I have been un well for over two months and not getting better why is that?

Symptoms: Small lump behind left ear lob, stiff neck on the same side, dizzy, faint, lost half a stone in 2 months unintentionaly, breathless, tight chest, nausea, fatigue, sleepy, joint aches and pains, headaches, rash on lower back, back pain, bleeding gums

Doctor: Thank you for your question. If you have not seen a doctor in two months for the cause of these symptoms we would like y ou to promptly go to your nearest emergency department for evaluation. It is likely that you have contracted a chronic infection which is causing you to have these severe symptoms. What concerns us the most is shortness of breath and tightness in your chest that you are experiencing. Please go to your emergency department for further evaluation.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com