I have been off birth control (Cerelle) since the 13th

Patient : I have been off birth control (Cerelle) since the 13th of February (due to anti biotics) - a week later (20th Feb) I had unprotected intercourse on the 20th & 21st. 6 days after I started experiencing mild cramps which I though AF was coming however this didn't happen and then had round ligament stabbing pains, slightly more CM than normal, nipples were sore however this seems to have faded. Have been more tired than normal, I have take a pregnancy test today which would be 13 days after I last had sex but this was negative? I have also development a mild case of thrush.. Could I be pregnant? Or this a result of coming off the pill and then being on anti biotics ? I have had increased appetite also. Thanks Natalie
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. If you were on pills till the 13th when you started antibiotics then you should have s tarted a withdrawal bleed within a week or so, which didn't happen. Then you had sex on 20/21st following which you experienced mild abdominal cramps and sore breasts after 6 days which can be early pregnancy symptoms. The urine pregnancy test is a non-reliable test at this juncture, hence a serum beta hCG blood test should be done to rule out pregnancy. If the result is negative then you can relax and wait for your menses to return naturally which may have been delayed due to antibiotic usage during the month and illness induced stress. Hope this helps. Regards