I have been off my birth control for a few months

Patient

Q: I have been off my birth control for a few months. I still haven't gotten my period and I'm just worried I am pregnant. I've taken 5 tests in 6 months and they keep coming back negative.

Doctor

If you already got your pregnancy tests done and they are negative, then you are not pregnant at all. Also if your menses have been delayed for 5 months in a row , then you should get yourself evaluated for PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome which can cause delayed menses or a hormonal profile may be done to rule out hypothyroidism or hyper prolactinemia which can also lead to amenorrhoea. So it is suggested that you visit your Physician for a detailed gone examination and labs with an ultrasound pelvis to reach a working diagnosis.

Hope this helps.