Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been off the birth control pill- Trisprintec for 9 months now

I have been off the birth control pill- Trisprintec for 9 months now

Patient: I have been off the bieth control pill- Trisprintec for 9+ months now. I havent been able to conceive yet. Why?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you have been off birth control pills already for last 9 months and have resumed yo ur menses and have been having confirmed ovulation then you must practice timed intercourse during your fertile period more frequently which increases the chances of pregnancy. If still unable to conceive then it is required that a sperm analysis may need to be done for your partner before you are evaluated for infertility with your hormonal profile, HSG, and ultrasound pelvis.You need to visit your Physician as a couple and get an infertility evaluation initiated.Regards