I have been on birth control for about five years

Q: I have been on birth control for about five years now. My periods come regularly. When my husband and I have sex we also use a comdom as well. Well during my inactive pills when he pulled out the condom stayed in. I have finished my birth control and I have missed my period. I have take pregnancy test and they have come back negative. Could I be pregnant

A:   Hi,
Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you are saying you have been on OCPs as well. The chances of being pregnant with that are very low. Less than 1 in 100 women using it for 1 year will get pregnant.

To be sure, wait for you periods. Or wait for 1 week after you periods and do a pregnancy test. If the test is negative, you are fine.

All the best.