Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been on birth control for about five years

I have been on birth control for about five years

Patient: I have been on birth control for about five years now. My periods come regularly. When my husband and I have sex we also use a comdom as well. Well during my inactive pills when he pulled out the condom stayed in. I have finished my birth control and I have missed my period. I have take pregnancy test and they have come back negative. Could I be pregnant

Doctor: Hi,Thank you for writing to us.I think that you are saying you have been on OCPs as well. The chances of being pre gnant with that are very low. Less than 1 in 100 women using it for 1 year will get pregnant.To be sure, wait for you periods. Or wait for 1 week after you periods and do a pregnancy test. If the test is negative, you are fine.All the best.