Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been on the depo contraceptive injection for nine

I have been on the depo contraceptive injection for nine

Patient: I have been on the depo contraceptive injection for nine months now and ive be having exsperience of brown discharge, i am worried it may be something serious

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.While using contraceptive measures some amount of menstrual irregularity, intermenstrual spotting can be seen.So, the brown discharge you are having could be due to that.Usually minimal spotting will subside soon without need of treatment.If brown discharge persists, better to consult your doctor once and take antifibrinolytic drugs or additional dose of hormones to control it.Take care.