I have been on the depo provera shot

Patient

Q: I have been on the depo provera shot for 4 years. Last Wednesday at work I began to have a little bleeding and cramping Along with nausea and feeling like I was spacing out and about to pass out. The bleeding stopped the next day but started again And got heavier the day after when I returned to work. I also Threw up. The bleeding and cramping are now constant but only get really bad when I'm on my feet for long periods of time. Should I be concerned?

Doctor

There could be a hormonal imbalance leading to the symptoms that you have developed. We may also need to rule out other causes like fibroid and ovarian cysts which could be contributing to the bleeding. It is recommended that you see a gynecologist at the earliest for an examination and an ultrasound. The doctor would treat you accordingly either with additional hormonal supplements or any surgical intervention if needed. We also need to rule out ovarian torsion.

Hope this helped.