I have been on the depo shot since April 17th

Q: I have been on the depo shot since April 17th and I am very irritated with the bleeding and I would like to know additional treatments to stop it asap where I can take asap! Everytime I call my doctor, they never return my call or answer my question!

Symptoms:  Bleeding and pain

A:   Hello.
Thanks for the query to ATD.

It is a known side effect after a depot injection to have irregular menstrual bleed for sometimes as long as 2 to 3 months before the levels of progesterone settle down for good and promote amenorrhoea.
If the bleeding is in excess then you may opt for antifibrinolytic treatment with Tab Tranexamic acid 500mg twice a day for 5 days.This shall stop the bleed completely but its available on prescription only.

I hope my suggestion would be of help to you.