I have been on the Mirena IUD for a bout

Patient

Q: I have been on the Mirena IUD for bout a year now without any complications. Today I am experiencing a lot of watery, colorless, odorless discharge. I have had this before, but not as much as this. I was wondering if this is related to my birth control or not. My boyfriend and I have been together for about three years, we both don't have any STIs. Most of the time he ejaculates inside me.

Symptoms:  Watery, colorless, odorless discharge
Doctor

A:   Hi,

Some amount of alterations in quantity and consistency of vaginal discharge can be seen while using IUCD.
But as pelvic infections are also common while using IUCD, better to get evaluated. Sometimes vaginal infection can be seen due to alteration in local vaginal flora.
By clinical examination and investigations like vaginal swab culture and sensitivity, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.
So, please do consult your doctor and get evaluated.

Take care