I have been on the pill for 10 years I

Patient

Q: I have been on the pill for 10 years. I recently stopped at the end of January as my husband and I are trying to get pregnant. I had a normal period at the end of January and February. In March I had bleeding and bad cramping 4 days before my period. I went to my doctor and they did a blood test and an ultrasound. The blood test was negative and the ultrasound came back normal. In April, I started a very light bleeding 4 days before my period was due. This lasted 5 days - I only had to wear a liner. My period never came. I took a pregnancy test 3 days after my missed period and it was negative.

Is something wrong? Does this have to do with my body adjusting to being off the pill?

Thank you for your help!

Lisa

Doctor