I have been on the pill for exactly one year

Patient: I have been on the pill for exactly one year now but during last month I did not take the pill for two straight weeks bc of doctor pharmacy miscommunication. I resumed this month and the BC gave me breast tenderness one week, and the next week I had a yeast infection then a seven day period! I wasn’t alarmed bc I knew my body had to get used to the hormones again but now I have been bleeding for 9 days. Sometimes it’s bright red and most times it’s brown. Please help

Symptoms: Bright red spotting and brown spotting

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The abnormal bleeding and spotting pattern is due to the consumption of pills at irre gular intervals. This could have led to a hormonal imbalance and bleeding is known side effect of the pills.It is recommended that you consult a gynecologist for an examination and investigations like blood and urine tests and ultrasound examination.The doctor will put you on pills accordingly.Hope this helped.Regards