I have been on the pill now for 5

Q: I have been on the pill now for 5 years and recently over the past year my period lasts for 5 days then on the fifth day it ends which is usually a Saturday then sunday morning it comes back very lightly and finishes again.
i was wondering if this is a normal thing to happen or should i get checked out a possibly get a new birth control?

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Do you mean that you bleed every 5 days. If you bleed every 5 days, then you should see a Doctor and get the hormone levels checked.

If you were saying that the periods only happens at 30 days, then you have pretty much normal periods and do not need to worry.

Do write to us again with more clarity on the details. Hope this helps you. All the best.