I have been on yhw depo shot since 2013 and

Patient

Q: I have been on yhw depo shot since 2013 and its 2015 so 3 years. I was bleeding when i first got on depo but then my period stopped completely. Now today 4/30/15 i wake up and im bleeding but im still on the shot. Should i be worried

Doctor

Bleeding after a long time, for one episode when you are on a depo shot, is not significant. It could mean a hormonal imbalance that can happen with the hormonal injections. Also, it could be due to an undetected pregnancy.
Kindly do a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. If it is negative, there is nothing much to worry. In case the bleeding gets heavier, kindly see a gynecologist for a hormonal back up to regularise the menses.

Hope this helped.