Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been poorly for 11 days with a cough

I have been poorly for 11 days with a cough

Patient: I have been poorly for 11 days with a cough where I’m coughing up yellow/green stuff. I have been feeling sick and aching all over. The aching went away for a couple of times but has come back and I’m really weak. The doctor said 9 days in that my chest is clear but why am I still feeling like this

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering Allergic cough or Acute Bronchitis. So, if not done yet,I would advise you to get Hemogram with ESR and Chest Xray. If the Chest Xray and these blood investigations show no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Allergic cough. Initially you would be treated with a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast.Since your doctor says that your chest is clear so you don’t need any bronchodilators or nebulization.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.