Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been prescribe 5mg of Norethisterone one taken 3

I have been prescribe 5mg of Norethisterone one taken 3

Patient: I have been prescribe 5mg of Norethisterone one taken 3 times a day to delay my period. Can I have sex whilst taking the tablets without becoming pregnant?Thank you

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Taking Norethisterone tablets to postpone the periods will not serve the purpose of contraception.So, you need to use some contraceptive method like condoms while having intercourse during this period.Hormonal pills started during menstrual period and continued through out the month will only serve the purpose of contraception.Take care.