Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been scheduled for a drug allergy challenge involving

I have been scheduled for a drug allergy challenge involving

Patient: I have been scheduled for a drug allergy challenge involving acetaminophen. The center will not have a physician in the area but said there are ‘fellows’ and the hospital is close by. Why doesnt this give me a better feeling? They also say to plan on being there at least six hours. This sounds a lot of testing only one drug. Please comment

Symptoms: None

Doctor: HelloThanks for the queryI understand you are concerned about the drug allergy testing. I can certainly help you with this.Drug allergy testing is a simple procedure which most often is done under strict guidelines. A physician might not be required when undergoing allergy testing as a very small dosage is given. Fellows are usually trained doctors as well however they are junior doctors with proper instructions. I am sure it will be alright and will go as planned.I hope I was of help if you have any further queries please get back to meRegards