I have been sick for 6 days now

Patient

Q: I have been sick for 6 days now started out what was thought to be the flu, had a fever,chills, headache, sinus pressure etc, after 6 days still have pressure in my sinus areas, especially behind my left eye and its sensitive to touch the inner left side of my nose between my two eyes. Hard to sleep as keeping my head down can worsen the pressure and pain. Any ideas?

Doctor

The cause for your symptoms could be anywhere from the ear to the nose and the oral cavity as well.It could be a cavernous sinus thrombosis or any trauma which went unnoticed recently or a nasal tumor or polyp causing such a discomfort. You will have to consult an ENT specialist for an examination to find out the actual cause, a CT scan may be needed as well and the doctor can treat you accordingly. Also see an ophthalmologist and get your visual pathway checked and rule out any eye related issues or neurological deficits.

Hope this helped.