Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have been suffering from severe anxiety for about 7months

I have been suffering from severe anxiety for about 7months

Patient: I have been suffering from severe anxiety for about 7months. I recently started seeing a psycologist and he prescribed me naltrexone 50 mg. Is this a medication normally prescribed for anxiety

Doctor: Thank you for choosing ATD.Naltrexone is an opioid antagonist. It is used for alcohol and opioid dependence. I do no t know why your Doctor has given this to you but you can talk to another Doctor to get an opinion.If there is a mistake, the Doctor will correct it. You should not stop taking the medication. I hope this helps you.All the best.