I have been taking antidepressant medicine for the past 2

Patient : I have been taking antidepressant medicine for the past 2 years and stopped taking it in August 2015. Now all my symptoms are back and worse than ever. I still have lots of medicine left and was thinking to start again. The past days I've been taking a half pill of Sertralin, which is the same dose I took before I stopped with the medicine in August and it was working perfectly. I am currently abroad and can't go to a doctor. My question is if it works to start again with just half a pill or should I take a full dose? And because I have already been taking this medicine before, will it still take 6-8 weeks for me to notice the postive effect?
Symptoms:  Depression, OCD behaviour, restlessness, hard to breathe