I have been taking birth control and had missed a pill

Patient: I have been taking birth control and had missed a pill during my second week of pills. During this time I also had unprotected sex. I took a plan b pill two days after I had sex. I started what I thought was my period on time. I had a normal flow but then it stopped after day two which is unusual. It usually lasts for four or five days. Could I be pregnant?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you used birth control pills regularly just before the dat e of intercourse and as you took the emergency pill within 72 hours of the intercourse, the possibility of pregnancy is less.While using birth control pills some amount of irregularity in withdrawal bleeding is common and usually withdrawal bleeding will be lighter than normal menstrual flow.If you want to rule out the possibility of pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once.Take care