I have been taking two supplements Coca plant and kava root.

Patient

Q: I have been taking two supplements. Coca plant and kava kava root. Do these interact at all? and if so how?

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.
As such there is no significant interaction between the coca plant extracts and kava kava root.
However, coca plant is known to contain cocaine except for the medicinal used preparations which may not contain the cocaine.
They both are known stimulants and so one can have excessive stimulation with the simultaneous use that can cause anxiety, insomnia and tremors.
So, it's up to you that what you are experiencing with the co administration. If you have any undesirable side effects, then you should avoid the co administration.
I would highly recommend you to use only the medicinal preparations and not the pure leafs or extracts as they can cause side effects as well as addiction too.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Stay healthy.

Patient: Hi. Thank you for your response. So taking kava in the same day as coca plant with cocaine in it will not cause any severe interaction??
Doctor: It depends on your body's tolerability and response.
Patient: Hi. I just happened upon this information "Interactions with drugs and prescription medications
Prim Care Companion CNS Disord. 2013. Toxic effects of psychotropics related to possible p450 enzyme inhibition by kava: report of 2 cases. Two cases of patients seen on the psychiatric emergency and consult service who developed severe side effects from psychotropic medications in the context of kava use are presented. In both cases, kava use may have affected the metabolism of the psychotropic medications, leading to serious side effects. Growing research indicates that kava most likely alters concentrations of coadministered psychotropics possibly by inhibiting cytochrome P450 enzymes"

so is coca a psychotropic substance and is it possible kava will interfere because of the above information?
Doctor: Yes Coca is considered as Psychotropic substance and hence should be taken only in the medication forum prescribed by your doctor.
In case you are taking it on your self then, you should not.
As i mentioned previously that one may find the side effect and one may not, so this is variable.
Please consult your doctor, if you are doing this yourself.